Hello! I'm Ryan, and I would first like to thank you for stopping by! About me: college-educated, charismatic, goal/results-oriented, very hard working. Although my family and I currently reside just south of Richmond, VA, we are open to relocating to the greater Raleigh-Durham, NC area.
I bring to the table nearly a decade working in the adult beverage business. I began on the operations side immediately after high school, where I worked in the warehouse, improving quality control and building orders, as well as assisting the sales and delivery teams. After college, I accepted a position with a slightly larger organization within their sales department. Inside of a year, I earned a promotion to a role managing national and regional chain accounts, where I was able to learn a lot, and make a significant impact for my employer. Throughout my tenure in the adult beverage business, I have been afforded the opportunity to continuously evolve my skill set--and for that I am grateful. I currently seek to transition to the supplier side, where I am confident that I will quickly prove myself a valuable member of the team. I have a wealth of experience in sales and distribution, personnel management, portfolio/product development, as well as in administrative tasks. I have experience utilizing a variety of software programs (VIP, AS400, Margin Minder, etc.) to analyze data in order to highlight opportunities, communicate findings to the team, as well as coach up sales and merchandising professionals to ensure that all expectations are met or exceeded. I have learned something new nearly every day in this business, and I love the changing and competitive landscape.
I earned my bachelor's degree in 2011 from Hampden-Sydney College, where I held leadership positions in academics as well as athletics. My liberal arts education has prepared me for success in all walks of life, and I am eternally grateful for my experience at HSC.
I hope that I have been able to at least raise an eyebrow, and that you will find my humble qualifications worthy of a conversation. Please do not hesitate to reach out to me if you have any needs that I may be able to meet!
• Leveraged entire product portfolio to drive total category and revenue growth for assigned customer territory (Chester, Hopewell, Prince George, Surry/Sussex, Wakefield, Waverly, Ivor, Disputanta, Petersburg).
• Delivered product penetration of 20+ suppliers (MillerCoors, Constellation, Boston Beer Co., Devil’s Backbone, Sierra Nevada, etc.)
• Generated data via VIP/Margin Minder/AS400 to identify market strengths and weaknesses.
• Interpreted complex data/information to identify trends; manipulate data into a format that is more user friendly, and present findings to customers (fact based sales).
Exceeded customer expectations through innovative strategy and thorough communication.
• Managed sales (+20 million), promotional, and merchandising activities in retail accounts across all classes of trade, independent and chain accounts, primarily in off premise.
• Established new customer relationships while improving existing customer interaction.
• Expertise in market analysis to augment profitability through pricing evaluation, assortment modification, service adjustment, and marketing practices that deliver customer/consumer impact and product penetration.
• Managed transition of ownership in chain accounts from Kozak Beverages, Inc. to Chesbay Distributing, LLC. in November 2014, resulting in seamless execution on launch day.
• Created and executed promotion activity to increase profitability for retailer while delivering value to the consumer (cross merchandising, thematic display pieces, seasonal varietals).
• Drafted, verified, and executed all reset activity to optimize assortment and placement to deliver increased penetration and profitability (profits and loss breakdown).
• Opened new accounts, including creating business plans that align with retailer expectations.
• Ensured team of 15 employees exceeded customer service needs throughout all business activities.
• Assisted sales and delivery personnel, ensuring all customer needs are exceeded.
• Quickly gained mastery of all existing procedures and was promoted to Chain Sales Director.
• Improved working conditions by ensuring a safe, clean, and well-organized warehouse and operations fleet.
• Assisted sales, merchandising, and delivery crews as necessary.
• Established and strengthened customer interaction and critical thinking skills via working special events, daily retailer and consumer interaction, and troubleshooting routine issues.