christopher b. desch
1301 Roman Ridge Way l Bel Air, MD 21014 l 443.640.5581 l email@example.com
To utilize my Sales, Marketing, and Management experience to grow the Seacrets brand in the trade. To help achieve personal and company goals through relationship building, a passionate drive, and a strong work ethic.
Staff Development & Training
Organization & Attention to Detail Budgetary Strategies
Sales Records Management
Meeting & Event Planning
ExperienceBOORDY VINEYARDS, Hydes, MD 2012 - Present
Regional Sales Manager
· Reinforced Boordy’s relationship with existing accounts and successfully opened new accounts.
· Increased product distribution by 33% within my first year.
· Dramatically improved shelf position and floor presence.
· Ensured that point of sale materials were appropriately displayed and in optimal locations.
· Developed an active plan and calendar to work with new and existing customers.
· Called upon selected restaurants and achieved placements on wine lists and menus.
· Worked with, and built strong relationships with territory sales representatives from Reliable-Churchill, Boordy’s Maryland distributor.
· Supported key retail accounts by conducting in-store wine tastings with customers for optimal sales results.
· Represented Boordy and Boordy wines at trade events, charity functions, etc. as opportunities arose.
· Established and exceeded all goals with the intention of strengthening the Boordy Brand.
· Successfully expanded the entire Boordy portfolio to over 81% of my territory.
· Took account inventory, and placed daily orders of Boordy products for accounts.
GIANT LLC, Hunt Valley, MD 2006 – 2012
Regional Manager/Trouble Shooter
- Responsible for daily operations and department goals set forth by District Manager.
- Trained new employees regarding company policies and expectations.
- Represented company positively through hard work and good customer relations.
- Directed the operation of Giant to develop and maintain a high standard of merchandising, placement, store branding, and proper display techniques in order to create an inviting impression for customers.
- Monitored stock levels and documented the same for placing orders in the future.
- Analyzed past sales figures to set targets and enable sales forecasting techniques.
- Made presentations at several events and promotional activities on how to improve customer satisfaction at Giant.
- Recognized through raises and promotions due to strong work ethic and determination to succeed.
AMUSE LLC, ZIZZA MOON LLC, Baltimore, MD 2000 – 2009
- Successfully completed all tasks associated with small business operations.
- Provided market strategies according to relevant market specificities.
- Researched and analyzed closely existing and new market strategies in three separate markets.
- Identified, evaluated and developed effective marketing strategies based on objectives, market specifics and characteristics, as well as cost and mark-up factors.
- Continuously re-invented store to meet new customer demands and changing demographics.
- Created strong repeat customer base through proper business practices and customer satisfaction.
- Coordinated evaluation of different financial aspects such as: expenditures and projection of profit or loss, budget, return on investment, etc.
- Successfully opened and operated four stores within five years.
ANHEUSER BUSCH, Baltimore, MD 1998 - 2004
Regional Contemporary Marketing Manager
- Represented Anheuser-Busch accounts on daily basis.
- Executed effective marketing campaigns within territory.
- Performed sales duties in absence of Territory Managers.
- Performed frequent and effective networking with a variety of business partners and customers.
- Conducted customer surveys to analyze the demands of the market.
- Secured sponsorships and assisted in creating and realizing publicity and marketing plans.
- Tracked the activities of the company competitors; motivated to gain sustained knowledge of competitor activity.
- Attended company related exhibitions, sales, promotional events, and others.
- Maintained close familiarity with current organization and its current product lines.
- Organized and executed marketing campaigns through promotional events.
- Successfully grew brand presence, and increased sales in Region by 32% within my second year.
ARIZONA STATE UNIVERSITY, Tempe, AZ 1997
Bachelor of Business Administration May 1997
Major: Marketing, Minor: Small Business Development
Overall GPA: 3.6, Major GPA: 3.8
HARFORD COMMUNITY COLLEGE, Churchville, MD 2000
Business Ethics, Psychology, August 2000
Honors & Activities
- Dean's Honor Roll
- Student Wellness Committee
- Associated Student Body
- Recipient, (aMuse, LLC) "Best of Baltimore", Baltimore Magazine, 2002, 2003
- Recipient, (aMuse, LLC) "Best of Baltimore", City Paper, 2001, 2004
- Recipient, (aMuse, LLC) "Best of Baltimore", City Guide, 2003, 2004
- Recipient, (aMuse, LLC) "Top 20" New Stores to Watch, TD Monthly, 2001
- National Marketing Association
- Fells Point Small Business Association
- Head of Fells Point Marketing Committee, App. Sen. Milkulski, 2002-2009
- Havre De Grace Small Business Association
References and Letters of Recommendations Available upon Request