7015 Sunflower Grove Drive • Humble, Texas 77346 • 281-798-4393 • email@example.com
Senior Level Manager
Sales • Account Management • Distribution • Strategic Planning
- Dedicated, decisive and detail-oriented professional with over 25 years of proven experience in New Business Development, Sales, Marketing, Merchandising, and Promotions for both suppliers and distributors.
- Motivational leader and active team participant with excellent communication and presentation skills; ability to lead a team and contribute as an active participant.
- Develops trusting relationships through integrity and professional character.
Skills and Accomplishments
Director of Sales and Distribution Big Bend Brewing Co 2015
Led and managed a total of five territory managers across Texas
- Hired, trained and motivated 5 sales team members
- Designed and implemented sales processes to increase sales and distribution
- Developed programs that gained mandated status in HEB across Texas
- Successfully launched Austin market with over 900 off premise placements in 393 off premise accounts
- Successfully planned and obtained 130 draught placements in 83 on premise accounts
- Increased distribution in the off premise from 2.0% to 10% within territory in the off premise
- Designed and implemented a draught building program that gained over 200 on premise draught accounts
- Successfully maintained 33% volume mix with draught beer
Region Manager Warsteiner-USA 2011-2013
Managed wholesaler network in Louisiana and Texas
- Exceeded delivery plan for calendar year 2012 by 9.0%
- Exceeded sales plan by 6.5%
- Increased region profit margin from 30.9% to 35.7% October YTD 2013 and managed profit and loss
- Developed and implemented sales programs for Grocery and Liquor Classes of Trade
- Grew Liquor Class of Trade by 12%
- Developed Oktoberfest programming that increased volume in 2011 from 37 case units to 1670 cases in 2013 in Liquor Class of Trade
- Designed and Implemented display programs within the Liquor and Grocery Classes of Trade that resulted in increased sales and velocity.
- Developed and implemented on premise programs that resulted in increased trial, sampling and retention.
- Directly lead and developed sales teams within 18 independent wholesalers in the areas of product knowledge, attributes and competitive landscapes in the areas of coaching, mentoring and skill development
High End Brand Manager Silver Eagle Distributors 2008-2011
Managed Above Premium Priced Brands in Houston and San Antonio
- Integrated AB-InBev European Brands into sales systems
- Integrated Glazer’s acquisition into sales systems that added 27 new suppliers to the sales system.
- Designed and implemented brand development programs that increase package and draught distribution
- Actively communicate to all 220 sales team members for market opportunity and brand programs.
- Developed and maintained call frequency in key accounts.
- Directly and indirectly lead and trained 82 sales teams in the areas of product development, product attributes and competitive landscape for brand profiles in the areas of coaching, mentoring and skill development to increase profit and limit losses
Regional Sales Management 2004-2008
- The Gambrinus Company-Dallas
- Designed and implemented sales programs for the largest Spoetzl market in Texas that grew sales by 9.0%
and exceeded state sales growth by 7.1% by coaching, mentoring and skill development of sales teams.
- Designed and implemented distribution programs that grew Spoetzl draught distribution by 198 accounts.
- Successfully introduced Shiner Black Lager and gained 86 draught accounts in first 60 days.
- Designed and implemented distribution programs that increased package placements by 808 accounts.
- Successfully gained 562 Black Lager accounts in first 60 days of introduction
- Introduced Trumer Pils to North Texas and achieved 118 draught accounts and 421 package accounts.
- Designed Trumer Pils off premise sampling program that resulted in 127% increase in sales.
- The Gambrinus Company-Houston
- Designed and implemented sales programs that exceeded Texas Modelo trends for the fourth largest wholesaler in The Gambrinus Company Modelo network and have consistently exceeded Texas sales trends via coaching, mentoring and skill development.
- Increased Modelo sales volume by 37.6% and Spoetzl sales volume by 26.0%
- Designed and implemented distribution programs that gained 2,245 new Modelo package placements
- Designed and implemented draught distribution programs that gained 67 new draught placements
- Obtained overall 53.2 share in Import and Specialty Brand segment
- Implemented plan of action to grow Modelo cooler space via Velocity Sets against the largest off premise class of trade resulting in 58 percent increase in shelf space
- Secured incremental zone funding to add on premise target position to maintain call frequency, promotion activity schedule, merchandising maintenance and target on premise distribution matrixes
-Increased wholesaler cents per case investment by 38% in the two largest markets.
- Schenck Company 1994-2004
- In 9 years, increased volume from 347,000 cases to over 3.2M; and increased market share by 570% from 2.2 to 12.6 by leading and communicating programs to over 100 sales team members.
- Instituted package and draught distribution building programs resulting in 4,268 off & on premise package placements; on premise general market draught distribution grew 150% by 400 placements.
- Achieved 85% market share in the Import & Specialty segment (based on A.C. Nielsen and IRI Data); designed and implemented Import & Specialty Beer shelf set programs for off premise trade channel resulting in 400% growth in shelf space.
- Active participant on the Accident and Safety Committee reviewing accidents and making recommendations to prevent repeat accidents.
- Directly lead and trained 32 sales teams in the areas of product development with emphasis on retail development in the area of category management and display penetration.
Premium Beers Inc. Vinita, OK; Ardmore, OK 1990 - 1993
The Stroh Brewery Company OK; PA 1986 - 1989
District Sales Manager
American Potomac Distributing Co. Washington, DC 1986
University of North Alabama 1985
BS: Health Sciences and History