UPDATE 1/18/2015: This position is no longer available, but FLIX Brewhouse is hiring a Lead Brewer for a new location in Carmel, Indiana.
What do a Brewery, Guardians Of The Galaxy, and Hot Topic have in common? Not much unless your in Des Moines, Iowa and visiting the Merlle Hay Mall. Last summer, FLIX Brewhouse broke ground on a $12 million project that will convert the upper bridge of Merlle Hay Mall into the signature dine-in movie theater and brewpub they are famous for.
Flix is America’s Cinema Brewery and the world’s only first-run, combination cinema, eatery and fully functioning microbrewery.
FLIX Brewhouse is based out of Austin, TX and is the creation of founder and CEO Allan Reagan. Allan was looking for a solution for the “time-pressed” family who needed a convenient night out of dinner and entertainment. FLIX was the answer! In 3 hours you can have a door to door dinner & movie experience.
FLIX Brewhouse Coming To Des Moines
The prototypical Flix Brewhouse has 8-10 auditoriums totaling 950-1,100 total seats, plus a large lobby bar and on premises microbrewery. Each facility ranges from 35,000 to 40,000 square feet and serves an average of 275,000 guests annually. We currently offer 6 full time, year round beers, as well as several seasonal and limited releases that will vary at different locations.
The combination of Hollywood’s first run movies, great food and craft beers makes for an unbeatable combination. The facility in Des Moines will have 10 movie screens with a separate restaurant and bar for those not going into the theater.
Craft Beverage Job Listing: Lead Brewer
Craft Beer Job Location: Des Moines, Iowa
Craft Beer Job Category: Production
FLIX Brewhouse is seeking to fill the position of Lead Brewer for its “New” Des Moines, Iowa location. Here is a brief overview of the Lead Brewer responsibilities and qualifications:
- Beer production: milling/mashing in, fermentation, cellaring, carbonation, yeast management and dispensing
- Equipment cleaning and sanitation
- Ingredient, Product and Chemical inventory
- New Recipe development with Head Brewer
- Supervise Assistant Brewer
- Educate management staff on new beer offerings
- Collaborate with Director of Learning & Team Member Development to communicate new offerings to hourly staff members
- Must be able to work well independently and with others
- Show true passion for the art of brewing
- Minimum of 3 years of brewing experience, preferably in a brewpub environment
- Needs to be mechanically inclined with general understanding of fluid dynamics
- Must be available to work an average of 50 hours per week
- Must be able to lift up to 50 lbs. with ease
- Must be able to walk and stand for 8 hours a day as needed
- Cicerone Certified Beer Server or higher certification preferred, but nor required
- Graduated from an accredited MBAA course preferred (or equivalent), but not required
Compensation & Benefits:
- Base Salary is industry competitive
- Comprehensive individual and family medical, dental and vision plans
- “Safe-harbor” 401(k) plan with generous company match
- 12 days paid time off in year 1 increasing to 17 days after year 5
If you are interested in this position, APPLY HERE
FLIX Brewhouse Spotlight with Craft Beverage Jobs
Head Brewer, Justin Rizza, and Director of Marketing, Greg Johnson sat down with us via G+ to talk about Flix Brewhouse, the culture of the brewery, the beers they brew and about the position they are hiring for. They’re looking for a creative brewer for their Des Moines location who can not only brew quality beer but who also has passion and the creativity to brew beer that fits the local scene and food served at the restaurant.
Would you like to know more about the Craft Beverage Jobs Featured Listing? Click HERE!
Never miss us!
Receive Craft Beverage Jobs Posts via Email