We have highlighted craft beer careers in the North Eastern part of the country quite a bit over the last year, and for good reason. The scene is hot, hot, hot, and there are jobs, jobs, jobs. From the innovative craft brewers opening and growing in the area to the forward-thinking craft beer distributors who work tirelessly to ensure the shelves are stocked, it could be argued that the New England craft beer industry is at the forefront of the movement.
One of the players ensuring that the craft beer category maintains its current trajectory forward is Burke Distributing out of the Boston Area. Part of the Massachusetts Beverage Alliance, Burke Distributing has been a pioneer of the distribution of beer in the state since 1935. Founder, Walter Burke, saw a need and evolved his grocer business into a distribution business after the end of prohibition. For a time, Burke’s business was even involved in the bottling of California wine before turning focus solely on beer. Today, Burke Distributing focuses on a large portfolio of beer and craft beer as well as craft cider, spirits, and non alcoholic.
Because of the growth Burke Distributing is experiencing, they are looking to add a new Inside Sales Representative to their team. The purpose of this role is to sell their portfolio to designated accounts.
- Meet and exceed BDC call requirements
- Know and understand and are able to communicate BDC pricing to retail
- Know and understand and are able to communicate and execute BDC Sales Standards
- Adhere to all BDC credit policies
- Ensure Product Quality
- Provide the best service possible to our business partners
- Retain knowledge of our Beer portfolio to maximize purchase potential on each call.
- Time management
- Problem solving
- Excellent communication skills, verbal and written
- Relationship building
- Basic business math
- Follow-up skills
- High School Diploma (college preferred)
- 0-2 years inside sales experience in a consumer goods company
- Drivers License
- Computer Experience (Excel, Word)
To view the full job description and to apply, visit the job listing here.
If you know anyone who would be great for this position, please share it with them. Please also share this opening with your Boston Craft Beer buddies on Facebook and Twitter!
Keep In Touch with Burke Distributing
Twitter: @BostonPour #burkedistributing
Never miss us!
Receive Craft Beverage Jobs Posts via Email