As craft beverage continues to grow in popularity across the United States, the demand for hard cider is experiencing a revival. Cider is often forgotten in the shadows of craft beer, but two brothers in Lodi, California are out to change that and bring cider to center stage.
Cider has a rich history in the United States. During the Colonial days, Cider was a very popular drink. So popular, in fact, that employers would pay their workers in cider instead of money! The employer who produced the best tasting cider often got the best workers.
Other interesting U.S. Hard Cider facts:
- In the 18th century, New England produced over 300,000 gallons of cider annually
- Cider’s popularity slowed when European immigrants preferred the taste of beer
- Early American drinking water was suspect and hard cider became a welcomed alternative
- William Henry Harrison ran for president under the platform, “log cabin and hard cider” to connect him with the common man. It worked! Hard cider was a fixture at Harrison’s campaign rallies and helped him win the 1841 Presidential election.
The Cider Brothers
Paul and Michael Scotto (aka, “The Cider Brothers”) are producing handcrafted hard apple cider at their Lodi, California, winery and making it available for cider lovers all across the U.S. Utilizing a process called “Frost Fermentation”, the Cider Brothers are able to focus the aromas and flavors of the cider apples for their hard cider. This makes for an amazing cider experience.
Their signature cider, called William Tell, blends freshly fermented hard apple cider with California Pinot Grigio. The frost fermentation blends the fresh apple and wine characteristics to produce their amazing cider.
The Cider Brothers Need A Cider Maker!
The Cider Brothers are looking for an energetic individual who has experience with cider, wine or beer to join their production team as an Assistant Cider Maker. This is a great opportunity for someone who gives attention to detail and cares about producing a high quality beverage.
The assistant cider maker will be responsible for the day-to-day workings of the cellar operations, such as:
- monitoring the fermenting of the apple juice
- taking the lead for ordering production supplies
- responsible for filtering cider with DE filters, membranes, and pad filters
- filling and cleaning kegs
- experience operating a forklift
- experience with Word, Excel, and Outlook
Are you interested in this job listing? Click Here to learn more and Apply!
Do You Know How To Write A Cover Letter?
Most jobs that are listed at Craft Beverage Jobs require the applicant to send a cover letter along with their resume. Cover letters can make or break your chances of getting an interview.
With that in mind, here are a few tips from our How To Write An Irresistible Cover Letter ebook:
- Don’t repeat your resume, only reference and/or highlight certain aspects.
- Keep it short – less than 1 page will do.
- Sell yourself!
- Personalize your cover letter by mentioning the specific position you’re applying for.
- Double and Triple check for spelling mistakes and grammatical errors.
For more helpful tips on writing your cover letter, click here for our FREE How To Write An Irresistible Cover Letter guide.
Never miss us!
Receive Craft Beverage Jobs Posts via Email