Beer Jobs: Highland Brewing Co. Needs A Shift Brewer!
Highland Brewing Co. opened its downtown Asheville, NC location in 1994. Using retro-fitted dairy equipment this original Highland location’s 6,500 barrels of beer a year couldn’t keep up with demand. To illustrate the growth and popularity of Highland’s brew, their new location can produce 50,000 barrels annually! If you visit the brewery today, you can take advantage of the tasting room, outdoor stage and bar. With the growth of Highland over the years, it has worked hard to maintain the quality and integrity of its beer. Today you can find Highland products all through the south: Alabama, Florida, Georgia, Kentucky, North Carolina, Ohio, South Carolina, Tennessee, Virginia and Washington D.C.
Highland’s founder, Oscar Wong, is proud of their humble beginnings as a three person operation. Today they employ over forty people, all with the same passion for craft beer. The criteria of a Highland beer is a simple one but reflects the sense of community and quality that characterizes Craft Beer in the USA.
It has to be a beer we want to drink, made with the finest ingredients and crafted with care for the product, our employees, our customers, and our environment.
Beer Jobs: Highland Brewing Company Beer Job Listing
This Highland Brewing Co. beer jobs listing sounds like a Craft Beer Dream Job opportunity! This Full-time Shift Brewer beer job at Highland is responsible for duties such as:
- wort production
- yeast management
- cleaning, sanitizing, and purging tanks
- filtering and carbonating beer
- monitoring and recording information
- maintaining equipment
Job Qualifications & Requirements At A Glance:
- Minimum three years professional brewing experience (8,000 barrel+ facility)
- Knowledge of fermentation science & brewing
- Available for 1st, 2nd or 3rd shifts when needed
- Can multitask and work under pressure
- Able to install, maintain and modify mechanical components of the brewhouse, fermentation, conditioning and filtration stystems
- Able to lift up to 50 lbs
- Minimum of High-school diploma (science-related associates degree preferred)
If you want to know more about this position, see details and application links HERE!
Highland Brewing Beer!
If your not familiar with Highland’s craft beers, here is a quick sample of one of the beers you will be working with.
Highlands first brew was their Gaelic Ale (originally called Celtic Ale) which gets a very good rating from Beer Advocate. Gaelic is the workhorse Ale for the brewery and accounts for half of the total production. Highland describes this beer as,
exceptionally balanced between malty sweetness and delicate hop bitterness.
With a name like Gaelic, its a safe assumption that this beer is similar to a Scottish Ale, but its flavor and body puts it into the American Ale category.
Gaelic Ale Details:
- Grains: 2 Row Brewers Malt, Munich, Caramel 40, Caramel 60 with Extra Special Malt
- Hops: Chinook, Willamette and Cascade
- ABV: 5.6%
- IBU: 30
- Package Styles: 1/2 bbl, 1/6 bbl, 22 oz, 12 pk, 6 pk
- Calories: 167
Beer Jobs: Packaging Machine Operator
Highland has other positions available that may be of interest. The Packaging Machine Operator position is a full-time, hourly position responsible for,
maintaining/ running high-speed machinery on the bottling line and cleaning/filling kegs. This is not a brewing position.
Job Description At A Glance:
- Strong mechanical background with equipment repair experience preferred
- Industry experience with beer packaging and related equipment preferred
- Experience in forklift operation
- Ability to learn quickly and apply new procedures and skills
- Ability to work effectively both independently and within a team
- Ability to work well under pressure
- Strong work ethic
- Strong communication skills
- Interest in/passion for working in the craft beer industry
- Ability to stand for long periods of time, lift up to 50 lbs., and do physically-demanding work
- Willingness to work on and around potentially dangerous equipment, machinery and chemicals
- Ability to see colors and wear eye and ear protection
- Willingness to work in an environment with high noise levels and temperature fluctuations
- Willingness to work overtime and weekends, as needed
- Minimum of high-school diploma; education beyond high school strongly preferred
If you are interested in applying for this position, click HERE.
Never miss us!
Receive Craft Beverage Jobs Posts via Email